Pesticide spray is most of the time is inevitable part of farmer's job. It is very dangerous assignment and must be done with complete precaution. If spraying on the crops are not done properly it would not only waste money but also might incur the the resistance in pests.
These are the suggestion for the farmers to do spraying work properly and with proper precautions
- Always do spray in morning or in evening
- Never spray during rain or when wind is blowing too fast
- Before spraying make sure that all the nozzles of machine are working and not leaking
- In case of spraying from tractor all nozzles should make similar droplets.
- Always spray in the direction of wind not against
- Never eat, drink or smoke during spray
- Dont use faulty or sprayer with leakage.
- Use sprayer up to 1.5 to 2 feet up from the plant.
- Do move hand when spraying
- Always use long sleeves shirt, gloves and mouth covering mouth with mask
- Clean the spraying machine properly after spray
- After spray wash hand with soap and change the cloths as soon as possible.